Thank you for your interest in submitting your film to be included in the Sproutflix catalogue.
Sproutflix, a non-profit organization founded in 2009, is dedicated exclusively to showcasing films featuring people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). By presenting films of artistry and intellect, Sproutflix hopes to reinforce accurate portrayals of individuals within this community, raise awareness and spark discussion about their achievements and expose the general public to important issues they face. Sproutflix films provide an enjoyable and enlightening experience that help breakdown stereotypes and promote a greater acceptance of differences and awareness of similarities.
With a user-friendly, online catalog, Sproutflix distributes quality films to a wide variety of educational institutions, community groups, libraries, and training programs. The contract that we provide to filmmakers is a non-exclusive agreement, can be terminated at any time, and filmmakers receive 50% of all sales of their film. We believe in supporting the important work that filmmakers are doing in this field, while also continually striving for greater exposure for these valuable films
There is no submission fee and we offer a rolling deadline – submissions are accepted throughout the year. A selection committee, made up of filmmakers, people with I/DD, relatives of people with I/DD, and professionals in the field, reviews all submissions. Once we receive your submission, you will be notified of your status within 2-3 weeks.
Submissions to Sproutflix
In order to qualify for consideration into Sproutfllix entrants must comply with ALL of the following Rules and Eligibility Requirements. Failure to comply with these rules will render a submission ineligible:
• Submissions must feature an actor or subject with an I/DD or be made by a filmmaker with an I/DD.
• We do not accept films in which an actor without an I/DD portrays a character with an I/DD.
• Applicants must submit an individual application for each project they choose to submit.
• All foreign language film submissions must have English subtitles.
• All lengths and genres are accepted.
• There is no restriction as to when the film was made.
Submission and acceptance into Sproutflix indicates the right to use select images and clips in printed and digital materials.
All submissions must include the following:
• Applicants must complete, sign and submit the online application.
• All applicants must provide a link to the film or a digital download.
The Sproutflix selection committee will invite films at their discretion. Everyone who submits a film will be contacted via email regarding acceptance within 3 weeks of submission.
Questions? – please contact:
Anthony Di Salvo
Founder & Executive Director
or phone 212-222-9575